2/07/2009

Mexico Day 1

February 7


Was up too early because I was able to take this picture at 6:38.

A Denny's French Toast Slam. The last time I ate at Denny's it was at this very one back in February 2005. Which just happened to be the first and last time I went to Mexico. Told everyone that it was 2004 when I last ate at Denny's but Vicky informed me that it was 2005. Sure enough when I got home, I checked and it was 2005.

Dad talking to Fernando (Natán is in the red shirt).

Forgot the name of the guy on the left, with the denim shirt. Why did I forget his name? This was the last time I saw him because he was going back home instead of to Mexico. Yesterday his boss called and told him to report to work on Monday because his substitute had been laid off. Since he was an hour west of Houston he decided he might as well continue on to Laredo to get some visiting in. He was not the happiest of campers.

Calling home while the cell phones still worked.

Fernando's brake pedal had gone soft on the drive to the border.

The pad had left the brake shoe. The good news was Pep Boys wasn't to busy so it only took two hours to fix. The bad news was the busted brake shoe was less then 24 hrs old.

Thee border.

An hour and 41 minutes later (12:11) the stickers had been procured and the caravan was ready to roll.

20:00 we arrived in Gómez Palacio at Iglesia Bautista Biblica de La Gracia. Was not the fastest caravan, took 7:47 to go 352 miles.

To view the GPS track in Google Earth
Open Google Earth
Click File > Open
Paste the following address into the File Name box
http://alhibmaa.googlepages.com/20090207.kmz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home