7/30/2003

Favorite Niece Update IV

Elizabeth Grace Marie
9 Months old
July 25

Helping dad & mom guard the guest book at Chad's wedding.

July 26

Pulling shoe strings is a favorite activity. Would rather pull on power chords but grandma said no and unplugged all the lamps. Shoe strings are frustrating because they have a tendency to walk off and are hard to untie. The good news is if I'm able to untie them, they are long enough for me to sit and chew on them. Which is why pulling on them underneath the table is the best because mom can't see me. She doesn't like it when I chew on shoe strings, says they are dirty.

Am a happy camper after crying my way out of crib prison. I'm old enough I don't need to nap.

July 28

Reading my book, which is a year older then my favorite uncle. When I finish reading my book I will use my feet to spin in a counterclockwise circle. Another one of those things my favorite uncle says he can't take a picture of.

This is another favorite activity, playing with refrigerator magnets. Playing with refrigerator magnets puts me close to the refrigerator. Since I'm not tall enough to open the door myself I have to wait for someone else to open it. If I'm able to get between the refrigerator and its door there's a lot of interesting stuff to reach for. Grandma pulls me away and tells me I'm letting the cold air out. I just wait for the next time grandma needs to open the door. After the third time of being pulled away grandma sits me on the other side of the kitchen. When I see the door open again I crawl as fast as I can but grandma usually closes door before I get there. At least I'm closer the next time she opens it.

July 29

Tried crying while standing up and shaking the crib but grandma had fled to the basement, after putting a sleeping baby sign on the back door, to keep from hearing my cries of anguish. Finally gave up, sat down and whimpered before accepting my crib prison sentence and falling asleep. My favorite uncle wonders how I can sleep on my left leg, says I'm not going to be able to do that in 2043.

Went shopping with grandma and fell asleep on the way back. Instead of waking me up when we get home I'm left to wake myself up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home