Vacation 2007 - Day 14
October 5
Back on the road and headed to the Germany's garden spot. How to fit three lanes on top of two lanes.
Got off the A7 northeast of Kassel to take back roads to the Germany's garden spot. The Germans do not have cheap labor to hold the stop/slow sign so they use an automated stoplight.
The main street of Moringen is just wide enough for a semi and bus.
Stopped to water the weeds and Farmer Bauer was plowing.
German countryside.
Told the UK blokes that I did not know how to open the hood of the rented Hibma Estate Limo, there was no lever to pull. (Ran out of things to talk about while waiting for the Nürburgring fog to lift.) You just open the Ford badge and use your key. Insert key and turn left, insert fingers under hood, turn key right, lift hood and release key. Nothing to it. The other lever I could not find was the one that opened fuel filler lid. Opened the lid but when I finished filling the rented Hibma Estate Limo with $6.50/gl diesel and I could not close it. Took awhile to discover the cause, had locked the car while watching the numbers change on the pump, with the car unlocked the lid closed. The rented Hibma Estate Limo was now declared fancier then the non-rented Hibma Estate Limo.
Finally after driving 532 kilometers and I reached the garden spot of Germany. Was so impressed I spent 20 seconds out of the car taking this picture. If there were enough houses to rate a sign I did not see them. GPS
Did not get out of the car for this picture, just pushed the button to lower the window.Was finding a route from the Nürburgring to Lübeck when Texas (a word I could pronounce) appeared out of the mist as I drug my route around Google Maps. Spending an extra day at the Nürburgring had canceled my trip to Lübeck but I could not come this far to not see the garden spot of Germany.
Only got 154 seconds of 100mph+ driving in with the longest substained run of 58 seconds.
Almost cracked the 5 minute barrier with 286 seconds of 100mph+ driving, we are making progress now.
To view GPS track in Google Earth
Click This Link and Select Download
In Google Earth Open 'My Places'
Click: 'IMPORT KMZ FILE'
Click: 'Open File...'
Select Downloaded KMZ file: 20071005.kmz

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home