Vacation 2010 - Day 15 - London
Saturday July 10
Put the last tank of fuel in the Silver Pug, $70.02 for 10.06 gl of diesel. Drove it 2347 miles, spent $369.96 on fuel and averaged 44 mpg. Other then the brake dust it looked same as when I pickup it up.
The Silver Pug was a much better drive then The Dog but it is uglier with its hair lip. One of these years designers will figure out how to make a decent looking car that passes EU pedestrian crash standards.
After returning the car I took the hour long tube ride to London. Then walked a half of a mile to the hotel. A lot of huffing and puffing to spend 18 hours in London. Next time I will spend the night in the country.
21:00 and time for the supper of champions. No surprise to anyone but one gets more fish and chips, for a pound, in Wales then in London.
Washing the A4.
Wonder what the answer was?
Victoria Memorial
Buckingham Palace, not the most impressive structure in town.
The palace's wall isn't any better.
There is traveling on 2 wheels...
...and there is traveling on 6 wheels...
...and then there is traveling on 8 wheels.
On this street, nearly every door had someone sleeping in front of it. Location
The always helpful street markings for the foreigners.
The bathroom of a $115 hotel room. At least I didn't have to suck in my stomach to get in the shower, just had to step around the toilet.
Sunday July 11
Hardware store.
Street sweeper taking a picture of a Harley Davidson.
Took the bus to the airport since the hotel was closer to the bus station then the tube.
Did not have a window seat so there is no GPS track of the flight to Dallas. Grandma sat in the window seat reading her Kindle when she was not turning around to watch her daughter tend to her 12(?) year old son. He had a series of ailments that ranged from headache to bloody nose to nausea. Kept waiting for the barf bag, but did not hear it in action.
The good news, at 96° Dallas was not hotter then London. The bad news, the Hibma Estate interior at 93° was 6° warmer then a $115 hotel room in London. The a/c system had spit the bit. Monday the hole in the air handler, that had leaked the freon, was plugged.
Three years ago I said I would do three things the next time I visited Europe. Accomplished one of them, I packed a washcloth. At least it was the most important of the three things.
Google Maps Track - Vacation Day 15
To view GPS track in Google Earth
Click This Link and Select Download
In Google Earth Open 'My Places'
Click: 'IMPORT KMZ FILE'
Click: 'Open File...'
Select Downloaded KMZ file: 20100710.kmz
>>>> Picture Gallery - Vacation Day 15 - London <<<<
Put the last tank of fuel in the Silver Pug, $70.02 for 10.06 gl of diesel. Drove it 2347 miles, spent $369.96 on fuel and averaged 44 mpg. Other then the brake dust it looked same as when I pickup it up.
The Silver Pug was a much better drive then The Dog but it is uglier with its hair lip. One of these years designers will figure out how to make a decent looking car that passes EU pedestrian crash standards.
After returning the car I took the hour long tube ride to London. Then walked a half of a mile to the hotel. A lot of huffing and puffing to spend 18 hours in London. Next time I will spend the night in the country.
21:00 and time for the supper of champions. No surprise to anyone but one gets more fish and chips, for a pound, in Wales then in London.
Washing the A4.
Wonder what the answer was?
Victoria Memorial
Buckingham Palace, not the most impressive structure in town.
The palace's wall isn't any better.
There is traveling on 2 wheels...
...and there is traveling on 6 wheels...
...and then there is traveling on 8 wheels.
On this street, nearly every door had someone sleeping in front of it. Location
The always helpful street markings for the foreigners.
The bathroom of a $115 hotel room. At least I didn't have to suck in my stomach to get in the shower, just had to step around the toilet.
Sunday July 11
Hardware store.
Street sweeper taking a picture of a Harley Davidson.
Took the bus to the airport since the hotel was closer to the bus station then the tube.
Did not have a window seat so there is no GPS track of the flight to Dallas. Grandma sat in the window seat reading her Kindle when she was not turning around to watch her daughter tend to her 12(?) year old son. He had a series of ailments that ranged from headache to bloody nose to nausea. Kept waiting for the barf bag, but did not hear it in action.
The good news, at 96° Dallas was not hotter then London. The bad news, the Hibma Estate interior at 93° was 6° warmer then a $115 hotel room in London. The a/c system had spit the bit. Monday the hole in the air handler, that had leaked the freon, was plugged.
Three years ago I said I would do three things the next time I visited Europe. Accomplished one of them, I packed a washcloth. At least it was the most important of the three things.
Google Maps Track - Vacation Day 15
To view GPS track in Google Earth
Click This Link and Select Download
In Google Earth Open 'My Places'
Click: 'IMPORT KMZ FILE'
Click: 'Open File...'
Select Downloaded KMZ file: 20100710.kmz
>>>> Picture Gallery - Vacation Day 15 - London <<<<

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home